Monday, October 5, 2009

Conventions


Conventions attract all sorts of people. People who make you proud to be geeky. People who leave you in awe. Ordinary people out for a fun time. People who you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. See, ten foot poles have real life applications! I went to Archon this weekend. I will start with the bad, move to the good and silly.
The Bad:
I signed up for a spaghetti western game to try out a new system. Everyone was an iteration of Clint Eastwood. I haven't seen a single Clint Eastwood movie in its entirety for years. Second. I was scheduled to have another game the next day in the morning. The DM never showed up. The masquerade had a few meh entries.
The Good:
I still had fun playing in the spaghetti western game and ended up buying the system. For the game that the DM didn't show another one of the players grabbed Pandemic and those of us that stayed had a grand time playing that game. I purchased Tome of battle, a 3.5 D&D book I've wanted for a while. The masquerade was sweet. One of the sets of costumes was the entire doll cast of 9. I'm pretty sure they won. There was also Silent Hill cosplay, which turned into a dance number featuring thriller. I met quite a few artists and had a goodly time. I'm looking forward to it next year.

Looney DM

No comments:

Post a Comment