Friday, January 28, 2011

Motivation

Motivation is always an iffy thing. Especially when you're running a short game or a one-shot. In such situations, survival can be a wonderful motivator. That or imminent in character shinys upon completion of said one shot. My group recently ran a short 4e test drive since one of the players wanted to try it out. I acquiesced. Game was run, fun was had, and in character shinys were passed out. Next time I have a one shot in hand survival will be the name of the game.

Art from I wish I remembered.

Quotes from 4e short game

Alfhildr: (( it is very dark in the forest ))
* Otto walks around in the grass. Hopefully a safe distance from SB.
Alfhildr: (( otto is eaten by a grue ))

* Alfhildr watches Hurt wring thin air and mouths "laundry?"
Alfhildr: "I'm not doing your laundry"

Mira: (( You guys weren't kidding when you told me Dicechan was fickle. ))
Alfhildr: (( I don't think fickle is the right word ))
Alfhildr: (( I think malicious is better ))
LooneyGM: (( it's okay, everyone sucks tonight ))
Sven: (( fucker is the right word ))
Otto: (( dice kahn is sometimes dick chan. ))
Hurt: (( downright malicious is one way i'd describe dicekhan ))

LooneyGM: Another runs up and slices at Hurt
* LooneyGM rolls: 1d20+5 => 20 + 5 = 25
Pitch: (( Hurt is... gonna Hurt ))

Hurt Selot: (( im gonna dragontail that son of a bitch ))
* Hurt rolls: 1d20+7 Attack => 4 + 7 = 11
Hurt Selot: (( fuck!!!!!! ))
LooneyGM: (( no you aren't ))

LooneyGM: Pitch kills the goblin
Pitch: (( YES! ))
Pitch: (( I win everything! ))

Alfhildr: (( so now all the temp hp is gone right ))
Pitch: (( Yep. Seeing that it was not needed, the temp HP flew away to sunnier climes... ))

LooneyDM

No comments:

Post a Comment