Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Themed Gaming

I personally enjoy a break from the regular themes of gaming to toss holiday themed sessions at players.  I even had a "Talk Like a Pirate" themed session one year.  Obviously this is not for everyone.  My campaigns are on the lighter side of serious.  I'm sure that other DMs and players would not enjoy having their current experiences interrupted as it were by a mood altering change.  I can understand completely.  In the mean time I'm still going to have my players take on giant gingerbread men and colossal evil pumpkins.  Treats for everyone!

Art from GIS for D&D santa
LooneyDM out

3 comments:

  1. I have a love of all things kitsch. the idea of running a festive game (amongst other gaming ideas I have that my group find wierd, eg, pokemon inspired paint schemes) is one I am considering since I got a santa clause ogre from scibor, I just didn't know what to put him with... an army of discarded presents was one, but for a sculpting project I think I am now inspired by your post to attempt some feral gingerbread men at somepoint in the coming year =) cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could inspire you to run a game like this. If you're playing in real life there's always the possibility of using real tiny gingerbread men and letting the players eat the ones they defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the DXRacer - Racer Gaming Chairs with the correct adjustability features for your specific preferences is vital.

    ReplyDelete